Burial in the Mississippi Veterans Memorial Cemetery is open to all members of the Armed Forces and Veterans who have met the minimum service duty requirements and have been discharged under honorable conditions. Their spouse, widow or widower, minor children and, under certain conditions, unmarried adult children are also eligible for burial. The veteran's eligible spouse may be buried even if he or she should predecease the veteran. Members of reserve components of the Armed Forces who die while on active duty, or while performing training duty, or who have 20 years of service in reserve components of the Armed Forces creditable toward retirement pay may also be eligible for burial.
We provide the following services for our eligible veterans, spouses and dependent (if eligible).
- Opening and closing of the gravesite
- Furnished grave or columbarium space
- Grave Liner
- User of Committal Shelter for services
- Supply and installation of suitable headstones or markers
- Perpetual care for the entire facility